Saturday 16 February 2013

Tissue Box by Alicia

I had a flu in mid-Jan on my birthday.  The flu was was so bad that it lasted for weeks and after that my body went into a stage of strange starvation.  It is as if has an unlimited desire for food and the hunger pangs came without  warning, if I did not eat in time, body turn cold and shivery.  This went on for quite a few weeks and thank God I managed recover completely before Chinese New Year.

During the time I was sick, I used a lot of tissue paper and realized that I hate the normal commercial box packaging that came with it.  On the other hand, if I were to buy those with plastic packaging, the plastic wrapping gets out of shape as the tissue papers were drawn out piece by piece.

I started to wonder if there is a solution for it. A reusable tissue box that is pleasing to the eyes and a decorative item in the room.  I made the first prototype during my Chinese New Year holidays.  It was horrendous.

Then the second prototype -


I put it up on FB and the respond was overwhelming.  I was encouraged and made this latest version.  How does this look?  The third prototype, give me your comments.









No comments:

Post a Comment