Monday 3 December 2012

Passion For Pearls

I love pearls. If diamond is a girl's best friend, to me, pearls must be the fairy god mother. Wearing pearls change your outlook instantly. It makes me feel feminine and elegant even with just a simple pair of pearl earring.

My love affair with pearls begin with  the iconic picture of Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany. As a child, I look at the picture with sheer admiration wondering how would I ever be like her. Now that I am a grown up, a single mum with two teenagers, I know that I won't be like her. I have my own style and preference. But one thing did not change, wearing pearls. Whether it is fresh water or fake pearls, I will wear it. I would like to own s set of Mikimoto pearl someday to make me happy. For now, I am happy to wear fake pearls and maybe buy a set of Akoya pearls soon. 



Source : Audrey Hepburn


Source : Microsoft
 Someone once asked me why do I wear pearls so much? I smiled. It makes me feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment